[Nottingham] Events ACTION: Awareness Days, & LAN Party

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Mon Sep 13 10:22:41 BST 2004

Michael Simms wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 01:41, Martin wrote:
>
>>Folks,
>>
>>Next events we have:
>>
>>Fri  5 Nov NLUG Linux Awareness Day 1
>>Sat  6 Nov NLUG Linux Awareness Day 2
>
> I will be there both days

Thanks, that's one taker. (I can drive you up the hill again (;-))

>>Wed  1 Dec NLUG Lan Party
>
> Where will we hold this? I can provide copies of Linux games
> (obviously).

Venue: TBD depending on enthusiasm. There's various pub function rooms.
For larger numbers I'll look further: Church hall (Duncan?), Nott Univ
Students Union... Green's Mill(!) Others?

I'm a little concerned that people will not lug their machines across
town just for a three hour Wed evening session. We may as well organise
an online remote event in that case... Finding somewhere large amenable
to food and partying might get 'interesting' (:-|)

martin at ml1.co.uk