[Nottingham] FS: (For Free) clear out stuff; Phat Sun Monitors

Paul Sladen notlug at paul.sladen.org
Thu Sep 16 23:28:40 BST 2004

Hello Gang,

Hope the evening went well on Wednesday.  Some of you may know that I moved
down to London at the end of last year.  Over the years that I've at my
parents' house I've built up quite a collection of stuff---some of which is
less useful now than it was in the past.

...I'm trying to clear some stuff out.

They'll probably me more in due course, but at the moment, I'm looking at
the three biggest items;

  * 3x Sun Monitors (20")

These are huge, beautiful Sun monitors (Sony Trinitron tubes), designed for
1152x900 @ 76Hz.

They're not really designed for PeeCees---They are fixed-frequency and have
13w3 connectors but can be made to work with some playing.  However, one of
them /does/ have a VGA connector on the end and came to me with a PCI Video
card with a specially hacked Video BIOS that works with the card.

I fear for their safety if three people don't volunteer to come and rescue
them from me in Beeston!

	-Paul

(I'm typing this email on my 4th one---currently connected to the Sparc5 on
my desk and which I'm sitting about a metre away from it).
--
Is there no safe way to travel?  London, GB