[Nottingham] Deciphering a kernel Ooops

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Mon Sep 20 10:53:12 BST 2004

Ted wrote:
> Hi Martin, no-one else seems to have responded, so I'll bite ...
>
> Its a while since I had to decipher an Ooops message, but there's
> a program called 'ksymoops' that can help. It needs to know where
[---]

Thanks,

useful info, and a good reminder about gcc.

This is all the Mandrake disro. Not been compiling kernel stuff.

The oops was calling through the vfs so it may well be from duff disk
detritus. The proof comes when I can afford to experiment and restart
that offending/unlucky process. (Backups, DR, and I hope Mr DR is back
from Lithuania!)

martin at ml1.co.uk