[Nottingham] Restarting my server

Andy Davidson andyd at lug.org.uk
Sat Sep 25 19:03:56 BST 2004

On 25 Sep 2004, at 15:09, Danny King wrote:

> When i reboot from the command line through control alt delete it
> correctly shuts down all the daemons and loggers etc but freezes after
> the "Restarting System" line.

Does it come back again when you powercycle it ?

I guess the first place to look is the inittab, if only to eliminate it
as the cause - what do the lines starting 'l6' and
'ca:12345:ctrlaltdel' say ?

And finally (not a silly question), what's the age of the machine ?  Do
you know if you have ACPI support built into the kernel.

--
Regards, Andy Davidson
http://www.fotoserve.com/