[Nottingham] Once in a Blue Moon (This Wed 29/09/04)

Peter Taffs ptaffs at btinternet.com
Tue Sep 28 08:29:34 BST 2004

Well I'm new here, demonstrated by a couple of things: i fell against
the glass in the business centre by tripping on the top step, and I
don't know how you occupy spare evenings.

But having seen the fun brought by Bob's broken laptop last week....

...how about a problem evening? I've been thinking of names:
LERN: Linux Emergency Room nerds
BYOB: Bring your own babbage
ps -ef : problem system -experts fix

where anyone can bring a problematic system, like a computer which at
"10 years old is far too old for ACPI" so won't install, or my box
which won't quite run gnome or kde over x11 onto the Mac OSX (maybe it
can't).

My EPIA was also hanging randomly, but that was 'fixed' by replacing
with a better RAM stick, Crucial instead of "economy".

Just a thought, i don't know if there would be many takers. Or where we
could plug all these things in, or hump them up stairs (mind the top
step).

Peter.