[Nottingham] Re: Mandrake LE 2005

Simon Osborne flibble at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 14:43:24 BST 2005

On Apr 4, 2005 2:38 PM, James Gibbon <jg at jamesgibbon.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 13:54:09 +0100
> Martin <martin at ml1.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Mandrake has been completely on urpmi.
> > http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/
> >
> > If they're moving over to apt, there will likely be a few weeks for them
> > to repackage everything!
>
> There ARE some Mandrake apt repositories out there, and I have been using some of
> them to install software over the last few days. It just doesn't seem to be as well supported
> as urpmi, unfortunately. I'm sure the situation was a lot better last time I used Mandrake
> a few months ago (10.0 I think).

Yes there are apt sources for Mandrake but I can't see why anyone
would want to use apt when urpmi is fully supported and has a lot more
software than apt (for Mandrake).

I haven't used Mandrake for a while so I don't know of any apt sources
(hopefully I can change this on Wednesday without killing my hard
drive when I partition).

Simon