[Nottingham] bittorrent slowness last night.

Martin Garton martin at stupids.org
Thu Apr 7 22:59:13 BST 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-07 at 22:44 +0100, Martin wrote:

> Next is to sort out the utf-8 support for the filename chars. Or run a
> rename to convert them to something more innocuous.

Yes, I'll look at that soon.

> Do you now hit the 10MByte/s lan limit?

Not yet. The seeding machine is doing fine, but the machine I am doing
the download to get up to about 4MB/sec and then it becomes cpu bound.
Time to get a bittorrent client written in something other than python
maybe.

> (I'm sure the ftp was easier (:-P)

True. Simplicity wasn't the point of the exercise though. :)

--
Martin.