[Nottingham]Web server questions

Robert Postill robert at grinning-cat.com
Sat Apr 9 17:59:46 BST 2005

On Sat, 2005-04-09 at 17:32 +0100, Joshua Lock wrote:

> I thought of that but I'm worried about visitors to site1, a formal
> site, stumbling accross site2 (at say http://site1.tld/site2_folder)
> when site 2 is unrelated and less formal. What I'd like to do is hide
> site2 unless it is accessed via the redirection URL.
It's a bit skanky compared to doing the job in Apache directly but
here's another thought.  If you set a directory structure up you could
use a .htaccess to get the result.  Try this URL for more info
http://www.sbrady.com/hotsource/html/redirect.html.  Which at least
means you've got an answer to the stumbling (i.e.
http://site1.tld/site2_folder) issue.

Also you might want to check out Amen Web
http://www.amenworld.com/static/index_580.html who do give you
httpd.conf access.

Robert.