[Nottingham] ATX2 argh!

Michael Simms michael at tuxgames.com
Thu Apr 28 14:06:08 BST 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 12:34, Roger Light wrote:

> I recently bought a new power supply and it had 24 pin main power for
> sure because I remember being suprised when I connected it. I can't
> remember about 8 pin 12v though....
>
> http://www.jeantech.com/Products/Power_Supply/120mm_PSU/120mm_psu.html
>
> Quite a bit quieter than my old supply (which had died anyway) because
> of the 120mm fan and built in fan speed control. Shame about the blue
> leds though...
>
> PC world seem to have them for £45.

Aha, so doing a search at pc world for PSU does not actually bring up
all of the PSU's - even the ones with PSU in the title - of course not!

So anyway, looking at the jeantech website and then back at PC World, it
looks like PC world DOES have the one I need, Id have preferred an
adapter at a fiver, but the PSU I need at 70 Im willing to pay just to
not have to have this server of ultimate pleasure sitting useless on the
floor. Its killing me having it sit there all sad and lifeless.

Thanks for making me look again!

On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 13:42, Martin wrote:

I'll claim that at less than £20:
> http://www.web-systems.co.uk/?page=Products&gid=36
>
> Sorry, Michael, but it's a little further to walk (:-((

Heh, doesnt seem to be the right one on there anyway - the only 600W+
PSU is the PSU 650W Triple Fan - which funnily enough is exactly what
I bought that arrived today which started this whole fiasco

Thanks everyone, I appreciate it! Pints on me on wednesday!
--
Michael Simms - CEO, Tux Games
http://www.tuxgames.com