[Nottingham] Going inSANE???

David Aldred david at familyaldred.org.uk
Thu Apr 28 23:02:58 BST 2005

On Thursday 28 April 2005 22:42, Martin wrote:
> David Aldred wrote:
> > I can't work out why my scanner isn't co-operating with me!
>
> [---]
>
> > - The firmware file is in the indicated location.
> > - /etc/sane.d/dll.conf does contain the line "artec_eplus48u"
> >
> > I just can't see what's missing!
>
> Correct user, group and permissions for the files?

All root/root/644.   That's how Mandrake installed them!

> Is your user permitted to use USB scanners?

I've made user david a member of the saned group, in case that was the issue,
but it's not helped.

> Is your scanner device visible on the USB?

Yes, as far as sane-find-scanner is concerned.

> If so, does its device number correctly identify it?

It matches the details in the artec_eplus48u backend file. On a sudden thought
I just did
grep 0x4003 *
in the sane.d directory, and confirmed that *only* the artec_eplus48u file
lists this vendor/device combination.

> (If you can wait a week, I'll likely find out for myself from the
> impending upgrade (:-))

There's nothing which needs scanning just now, so if you could try it when
you're set up that would be good.
--
David Aldred