[Nottingham] Re: Planet NottsLUG

Robert Hart enxrah at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Aug 8 15:12:54 BST 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-08 at 14:55 +0100, James Gibbon wrote:
> On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 16:48:13 +0100
> Paul Mellors <paul at paulmellors.net> wrote:
>
> > Does any one else blog ?  I'm also syndicated on PlanetSuSE
> > http://www.planetsuse.org/
>
> I do, at http://jamesgibbon.com, but I don't discuss technology
> a lot there, so it's probably of rather limited interest to most
> readers of this list.

That depends on how esoteric the non-tech stuff is. Anyway, I imagine we
all have a pretty good idea what each others up to in the tech world
anyway, so if the purpose is to get to know each other better, then
maybe that's a good thing.

My blog is at http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/~enxrah/

I'm kinda curious as to what 'blog software people use, and how they
find it.

I'm using nanoblogger at the moment, which I was attracted to because of
it's lack of need for any server-side support and relative simplicity.
Hence I can host my 'blog wherever and not care, and should be able to
customise it to my hearts content. However, nanoblogger is written
entirely in shell-script, which makes it relatively slow to add entries
or make simple edits. And having looked through the scripts themselves,
I think it really takes scripting to an extreme - I'm sure the same
effect could be achieved in a much shorter (and less obtuse) perl script
and run in half the time.

Rob

--
Robert Hart <enxrah at nottingham.ac.uk>