[Nottingham] Re: Planet NottsLUG

Simon Amor simon at leaky.org
Mon Aug 8 19:09:56 BST 2005

Hi James,

On 8 Aug 2005, at 17:09, James Gibbon wrote:
> I use Pivot (http://www.pivotlog.net/). It's free, doesn't need SQL,
> has a nice interface, lots of useful features and is highly
> customisable.
> The default template is quite nice but you can fiddle around with the
> templates and CSS to your heart's content and really individualise
> your
> blog. Or you can lift a template from http://www.pivotstyles.net/

   Regarding Pivot, if it doesn't use SQL how does it store all the
data? Does it cope well with blogs that have several hundred entries
or does it start to creak when adding new entries? I've just had a
look at the sites above and it looks like it might be pretty good.
I'm not really a PHP person though so I hope it doesn't require much
tweaking to get it running.

Currently I've got a fairly old version of Movable Type that's been
hacked around to try and prevent comment-spam and I seem to have been
fairly successful at blocking spammers over the last month.

   Simon
--
Simon Amor
simon at leaky.org