[Nottingham] Anti-virus (and kmail address book)

David Wolfson eaxdrw at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Aug 18 11:33:48 BST 2005

Anti-virus:
I've been meaning to ask this for a while, but the latest news item about
Billy G's trouble with virus gangs reminded me. I'd never leave a windows box
running without anti-virus running, but have never bothered too much on Linux
machines. I guess this is probably niave, but thought I'd do a quick
survey/get some advise.

What does the nlug collective use?
Do they use anything?
Are there enough linux viruses out there to worry about?

On windows I use the latest Sophos, which has an active monitor, all the usual
guis, and does auto updates. Is this level of functionallity available in
'nix?

kmail:
So, I went to write this mail, and found that I can't see/edit my address book
in kmail. The only way I can 'see' it is with the '...' button in a compose
window. If I add an address book button to the tool bar, its grey'd out...
How do I get at it?

Cheers,

Dave