[Nottingham] Meetings

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Mon Aug 22 15:49:13 BST 2005

Hi Five wrote:
> Hi,
> does anyone meet up as a group to give beginners an insight.?

Yes very definitely and you'd be very welcome.

The Calendar is supposed to alternate with "Geekie" and "non-Geekie"
talks. I'll admit that we often get a bit carried away with the 'geekie'
stuff a little :)

There's plans for a LAN-party and general fixit day some weekend soon.
We tried this on a couple of evenings so far and ran out of time each
time. (OK, so we did squeeze in one game of Frozen Bubble in the early
hours of the last one!) Everyone are welcome on these to bring their
machines for hackings and games or just to demo ideas or just to come
along to see what Linux is all about.

Ramblings aside, everyone are welcome at the talks. And the post-talk
talking is very general. Everyone/anyone would be happy to explain how
to start up.

Welcome along.

http://www.nottingham.lug.org.uk/
http://www.nottingham.lug.org.uk/2005-calendar.html#20050803