[Nottingham] [Talk] Wed 07/12/2005 Christmas Distros & Linux fun

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Fri Dec 2 12:48:55 GMT 2005

Folks,

Talk next Wed 7/12/05:

Christmas Distros & Linux fun

An update on just a few of the over 140 Linux distros that are at play
out there! Ok, so we might not even cover 5% of those available but
here's your chance to be reminded of what other distros are /out/
/there/ and for you to champion your favoured distro for whatever good
and bad points.

We are at our usual Sharespace venue at 19:30, and thence onwards for
more pre-Christmas cheer at The Newshouse at about 21:00-ish...

See http://www.nottingham.lug.org.uk/ for further details.

What will you be playing with over the Christmas break?

This is a newcomer friendly talk. Any unintelligible jargon heard is
guaranteed explained.

All welcome.

See you there,
Martin

http://www.nottingham.lug.org.uk/

Distro: Linux distribution: or the collection of a Linux kernel, GNU and
other software that makes up a usable Operating System. Friendly
installers and GUI goodies are often included to add user friendliness.
Many applications are often included or can be easily installed.

martin at ml1.co.uk