[Nottingham] newbie Hi!

Dallas Phone waterpump waterpump at waterpump.f9.co.uk
Thu Dec 29 06:10:15 GMT 2005

Hi All,

Recently installed SUSE linux 10 as a dual boot with WinXP (yes I know, wash your mouth...). Took me a while as there were issues with the video/graphics card I was using, but all is working now, except the wireless modem and the phone modem....

Seems you need a degree in command line programming to really get to grips with Linux and in this area I could really use some help.

My command line efforts started with Algol using a teletype interface with a mainframe in the 60's and ended with Basic on a ZX81 and a BBC in the early 90's!!

I would love to migrate more software and general usage into Linux,

best,

Dallas Simpson, Carlton, Nottingham.