[Nottingham] Re: Quick! I need a bash one liner!

Michael Erskine msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 2 13:29:54 GMT 2005

On Wednesday 02 February 2005 12:48, James Gibbon wrote:
> Well, for what it's worth - you don't need to use ; in place of
> newlines to do that, you can use the return key with impunity :D

That's neat.

When I was learning how to get "for" working yesterday (by trial and error), I
was regularly confronted with ">" because bash needed more info. I knew that
this was the bash continuation prompt but didn't know how to complete the
statement!

Regards,
Michael.

--
Now I know someone out there is going to claim, "Well then, UNIX is intuitive,
because you only need to learn 5000 commands, and then everything else follows