[Nottingham] misc: ubuntu, lugradio

Michael Erskine msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 24 12:39:16 GMT 2005

Hi all,

I downloaded Ubuntu Warty yesterday and installed it on one of our broken
laptops (dead screen) and it just worked! I'm showing off the Gnome desktop
to other engineers in our Nottingham office (I'm currently a KDE user).
Unless I hit some major problems, this will be my new shortcut route to a
debian desktop install (previously was a Knoppix HDD install) and I might
just start using it on my own workstations (currently Sarge with KDE,
Kontact, etc).

On another note: I'm finding it hard to concentrate on work because I'm
listening to the entire back-catalog of lugradio (thanks to Robert Postill
for the pointer last week). I listened to all of series two first and now I'm
up to episode 4 of the first series. I'll be putting them on a CD (the ogg
high quality versions) and I'll bring a few copies to the next meeting. Put
in your orders!

Regards,
Michael

PS: let me know if anyone else has joined the lugradio forums (other than
robertpostill http://forums.lugradio.org/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=175
and myself http://forums.lugradio.org/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=201
(joined this morning!) )

--