[Nottingham] OpenGL

David Aldred david at familyaldred.org.uk
Tue Jan 4 12:53:18 GMT 2005

Bit of a problem with understanding how OpenGL should work...

System: Mandrake 10.1 Official, Harddrake identifies the video as 'SiS630 GUI
Accelerator+3D', ordinary flat panel 1024x768 screen.

I've been trying to compile software which compiled quite happily under
Mandrake 10.0 (and thus XFree86 rather than X.org), but which now leaves out
compilation of one module since it can't find OpenGL.  (The openGL-related
message in the config.log for the software has been checked with the author).

glxinfo gives an openGL version and vendor, implying (to me anyway!) that
openGL is installed.

Is there any way that .org rather than XFree86 could be confusing things here,
or shoud I expect openGL to be evident to the configuration?

--
David Aldred