[Nottingham] Fixed IP

Mike Cardwell lug at blubbernet.com
Mon Jan 10 00:52:29 GMT 2005

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005, Danny King wrote:

> Sorry, Information about the computer I wish to assign the fixed IP to:
> It runs TSL linux which is based on RedHat.

Don't know about TSL linux, but it's probably the same as Redhat. There
are a bunch of files in: /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/

For instance, you'll probably see a file called ifcfg-eth0

In this example your machine has an IP of 192.168.0.1 on a 192.168.0.0/24.
Edit that file, and stick the following in it:

DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=static
IPADDR=192.168.0.1
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
ONBOOT=yes

Take the interface down with "ifdown eth0" as root, and bring it back up
with "ifup eth0"

--
Digital photo printing:
http://www.fotoserve.com/?affiliate_id=1093871459