[Nottingham] Further KDE tweaking

David Wolfson eaxdrw at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Jul 6 18:41:58 BST 2005

David Aldred wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 Jul 2005 15:22, David Wolfson wrote:
>
>>I'm working on a laptop, and having had it switch itself off for want of a
>>battery monitor I had a look at adding one to the Ksysguard applet, and now
>>can't get it to work at all!
>

> There's a standard KDE laptop battery monitor - my laptop's not switched on at
> the moment, but I think it's one of the options in the KDE configuration
> menus.  Klaptop?

Ah. yes, I've had a go at getting kbatt to work, but can't get hold of
an rpm, and am having library dependency with g++ to compile it (wrong
verison of zlib...?). GKrellm it pretty good, but I now cant' get any
kind of system monitor applet going at all, so would really like to get
ksysguard running right again.

Cheers for the idea though, and if you happen to look next time you boot
the laptop I'd be interested to know what it is...

Dave