[Nottingham] AGM and Nominations

Duncan John Fyfe djf at star.le.ac.uk
Tue Jul 12 16:44:19 BST 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-12 at 16:03 +0100, Robert Postill wrote:
> Dear All,
> I noticed that we have only a week before our first AGM.
>
> First of all I noticed that also we appear to have not seconded any of
> the proposed candidates.  In that light I'm going to second Duncan Fyfe,
> Martin Lomas and Michael Erskine.  They're all top chaps who over the
> course of my association with the LUG have been committed to the overall
> LUG aims (as laid out in the constitution) and good representatives of
> the LUG in their conduct (i.e. helpful attitude combined with generally
> placid temperament).
>
> Secondly, I thought about power...unlimited power...bwahahahahahaha
> [strokes cat with a strangely smug look on face] Sorry, what I meant was
> that I'd like to propose myself for the president and secretary roles.
> The reason I'm proposing myself is that I'm a regular attendee of LUG
> meetings, I have helped organise the Awareness Days and believe I could
> be scrubbed up and made presentable for a wide range of audiences.
>
> Robert.

Just to add confusion...
Given my current commitments (ie. to many) and lack of time I'm
withdrawing myself as a candidate for president.
As some of you know I used to organize most of the talks and a few of
the flame-wars but my involvement has been somewhat from the sidelines
of late - in fact Martin has been doing 99.9% of it (including the
flame-wars ;). Rather than lumber the LUG with a bad start I feel it
would be better to leave the field open for someone else.

On that basis I second the nomination of Robert Postill for the post of
president (and secretary if I can second him twice). He is a very
talented chap who has shown a lot of commitment and spent no small
amount of time being a dedicate lugnut.

I'm not dropping my LUG involvement and I may well try to take up the
reigns (sic) of power later. I just know I cannot guarantee the
commitment the LUG needs ATM.

Have fun,
Duncan