[Nottingham] Perl help - 'sleep'

Graeme Fowler graeme at graemef.net
Thu Jul 14 12:37:59 BST 2005

On Thu 14 Jul 2005 12:24:56 BST , Martin <martin at ml1.co.uk> wrote:
> What is the perl command to pause/sleep for a number of minutes?
>
> eg: The perl equivalent of the Bash "sleep 30m"?

sleep 1800;

man perlfunc:

       sleep   Causes the script to sleep for EXPR seconds, or
               forever if no EXPR.  May be interrupted if the
               process receives a signal such as SIGALRM.
               Returns the number of seconds actually slept.  You
               probably cannot mix alarm() and sleep() calls,
               because sleep() is often implemented using
               alarm().

Graeme
--
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for
I may not follow.