[Nottingham] WOW!! Check this out!

Robert Ross rross at dmu.ac.uk
Mon Jul 18 14:01:34 BST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Erskine [mailto:msemtd at yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: 18 July 2005 13:41
To: nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Subject: Re: [Nottingham] WOW!! Check this out!

On Monday 18 July 2005 13:25, Martin wrote:
> >> Just thought you guys might wanna look at this...
> >> http://www.artlebedev.com/portfolio/optimus/
> > OK, so its a computer keyboard.
> OK #2, on a second glance its a nice idea also, even if a little
> expensive. Not so sure about the "Patents pending"...

Makes me giggle: I recently modified a keyboard for playing Defender under
Mame - I simply pulled off all the keys I didn't need. Total cost: nothing
(OK, one keyboard of which I have dozens!)

Currently doing some research on using image-based navigation/search engine
stuff (not for images á la google images, but for everything).  I have found
that there are a number of people who do prefer to use images rather than
text-based stuff.  Usually art-based as opposed to humanities/science-based.
It all depends upon your 'mental model' for learning.

Still, it would have been handy when I was working in France and needed all
those graves and acutes to hand.

I think the idea has some milage, but will remain niche market.

Robb