[Nottingham] Embedded framebuffer - help!

Michael Erskine msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jul 22 10:13:26 BST 2005

(More signal :) )

I'm currently working on an embedded Linux project and would like to hear form
anyone with experience of framebuffer graphics on small platforms. My
platform is a PC104 SBC, 40MHz i386SX with 4Mb EDO RAM, 1Mb VGA, 16Mb
M-Systems DOC (spec: http://www.dsl-ltd.co.uk/products/6054spec.htm) and the
application is a digital speedometer for trains (~700 of). Needless to say
I'm the only developer on the project (we do have an immoderate number of
project managers though!) and my embedded experience has always been with
Pentium SCBs with plenty of storage, RAM, etc.

I'm currently wrestling with BusyBox's buildroot environment and kernel module
installation and I'm nowhere near getting at framebuffer graphics which may
make or break Linux as the platform of choice for this project. So what I'm
looking for is some moral support along the lines of "what you are trying to
do is POSSIBLE" before I go mad from lack of sleep :)

Regards,
Michael Erskine.

--
"Monday's tape is full of woe..."