[Nottingham] AGM - Candidates and How to Vote (email vote deadline 5pm)

Duncan John Fyfe djf at star.le.ac.uk
Fri Jul 22 21:07:19 BST 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-22 at 19:48 +0100, David Aldred wrote:
> On Friday 22 Jul 2005 19:38, Michael Simms wrote:
> > As for the anonymous voting, by this time next year Im willing to put
> > into place a voting system online where:
> >
> > You connect to a web page
> >
> > You vote by entering your email address and vote
>
> Sounds good!   And entirely in line with the proposed standing order
> wording...

All very good.
Can I draw your attention to point (18) of the constitution.
Given the proposed amendments are to standing orders then the committee
could adopt all (or some) of them at the next committee meeting should
they feel so inclined.  You only need an EGM if they don't ;).

We are also missing some standing orders.
Point (7) of the constitution states that nomination and seconding of
candidates should "be made to the present Committee by verified
communication as laid out in the standing orders."
We have not (yet) defined what we believe to be acceptable forms of
"verified communication".  I guess 'in person' at a meeting and pgp
signed mail would be a start.

Have fun,
Duncan