[Nottingham] Computer fairs

Michael Erskine msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 25 16:18:03 BST 2005

On Monday 25 July 2005 15:40, Michael Simms wrote:
> Are we planning to do any more of the computer fairs? AFAIK we only did
> the one, did we decide it was worth doing more?

I think we should pitch our computer fair presence (if any) to the usual
computer fair audience: -

* highly-customised desktop environments that show off the power of the latest
AMD processors (usually in light-up cases!)
* a DVD ripping and duplicating demo
* demos of decent Linux performance on low-end "obsolete" hardware for those
sick of the upgrade treadmill

Regards,
Michael Erskine

--
Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat.
  -- R. Heinlein