[Nottingham] What 2d or 3d drawing toolkit/lib?

David Luff David.Luff at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Jul 27 14:53:13 BST 2005

On 25/07/2005 at 19:59 Martin wrote:

>To tap into the vast experience of the group:
>
>I'm putting together a rudimentary C++ results display routine.
>
>1: What's quickest to create a window and draw a few coloured circles,
>rectangles & text on KDE?
>
>2: The same again but for a shaded '3d' view of spheres & solids?
>

>Hopefully to be plugged together very quickly! :)

For 2D stuff you might like to checkout AGG:

http://antigrain.com/

I've had a brief play with it in the past, but have never got round to
properly deciphering the API and actually doing anything, so can't recomend
it as such.  Looks potentially promising though.

For 3D - got to be openGL.  I'd be very surprised indeed if Qt/KDE couldn't
give you an openGL drawing context, in the same way that wxWidgets / fltk
can.

Good Luck!

Cheers - Dave