[Nottingham] More kit for whoever wants it

Paul Sladen notlug at paul.sladen.org
Wed Jul 27 19:27:06 BST 2005

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005, Simon wrote:
> as far as I know, but they are all normal SCSI inside.

They are normal SCSI but the CD drive is a magical weird 2/3rd height
(technically 1/3rd height) size.  I did find one at a Elvaston one year.

> I don't even know how to do a LAN instal :(

Sun's have always been able to do network installs;  just requires RARP and
TFTP setting up.  Beyond that it's nice and easy (plus you normally use the
serial port for the console aswell so no mouse+keyboard at all!).

Debian have that Sparc netboot nicely documented on the website.

	-Paul
--
The summer is normal here.  London, GB