[Nottingham] Downloading multiple images from a website

Robert Hart enxrah at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Jun 1 11:53:23 BST 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-01 at 10:16 +0100, Michael Quaintance wrote:

> That makes sense. Does the builtin nature also stop the commandline
> getting too long? 1000 URLs of approx 30 chars each plus a bit of overhead
> for the initial wget options is more than I expect I could legally type as
> a commandline.

The builtin echo can take a much longer command-line. But this wont help
you in this case, because it was wget that you were giving the long
command line to, and not echo.

If you are getting close to the limit for length of command line you
should use xargs. (which has been mentioned often enough here before)

Rob
--
Robert Hart <enxrah at nottingham.ac.uk>
University of Nottingham