[Nottingham] Exim filtering

Graeme Fowler graeme at graemef.net
Sun Jun 5 20:11:28 BST 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-26 at 22:18 +0100, Simon Amor wrote:
> This should only allow emails from x at y.com to be delivered to the
> local mailbox, everything else is forwarded to my leaky.org address.
> What I want is something to go in the else block that will modify the
> subject, either prepend or append a marker e.g [TAG] to it.
>
> The documentation on exim filters covers filtering based on subject
> but nothing particularly helpful. The only other thing I can think of
> is to use the 'mail' command to setup a new mail message entirely.

...condition...
...action...
else
  pipe "/usr/bin/sed 's/^Subject: /^Subject: MODIFIED /' | /bin/mail
user at other-domain.org"
endif

Might do it. Maybe :)

According to PH in a reply to a mailing list query asking the same
question - "No. Primarily because there is only one copy of the headers
for all recipients."

Also from the Exim4 wishlist:

. Allow user filters to use "headers add", but probably not remove. Or
maybe just implement "allow" options for both of these features.

Try some pipe hackery. It might work, it might not.