[Nottingham] flexLM and clock error

Robert Hart enxrah at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Jun 16 11:55:20 BST 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-16 at 11:23 +0100, David Wolfson wrote:
> any tips on how to do an effective search of this?

touch -d "17/06/2005" /tmp/future
find / -newer "/tmp/future"

You can then use touch to set those files back to the present date.

> O.K. never tried this before, but get the idea. I've had a quick go (see attached), and although I can understand some of it at first glance (mostly the  read write stuff ;-)) I don't really know what I'd be looking for. If anyone is curious and spots anything I'd appechiate pointers..

No attachment, but I've straced flexLM stuff before. Make sure you used
strace -f to pick up any children of the program you run, and look out
for stat calls. That's the only way to pick up the date of a file.

Rob

--
Robert Hart <enxrah at nottingham.ac.uk>
University of Nottingham