[Nottingham] KDE user requires Gnome help!

Michael Erskine msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Mar 4 12:04:10 GMT 2005

Hello all,

I'm playing with Ubuntu Warty which has Gnome 2.8.1 (I think) but I'm on the
learning curve due to not having used Gnome since the days when Enlightenment
was the only Gnome-compliant window manager. Needless to say I have a few
questions but unfortunately the signal to noise ratio on the Ubuntu
forums/mailing lists/IRC channel/etc. stops me from finding simple answers to
straightforward questions (people just ignore me on #ubuntu!).

So, I'll ask here because I know some of you use Warty (or at least G over
K) :-

1. What it the window manager used by gnome on warty (by default - i.e. the
one I'm using)?

2. How can I get said window manager to do window border snapping and desktop
edge resistance?

There's a lot more questions but I'll try and stick to a subject at a time! :)

Regards,
Michael.

--
 The judge fined the jaywalker fifty dollars and told him if he was
caught again, he would be thrown in jail.  Fine today, cooler tomorrow.