[Nottingham] Re: KDE Startup problem

David Aldred david at familyaldred.org.uk
Sat Mar 12 15:02:52 GMT 2005

On Saturday 12 Mar 2005 11:22, Charles Samuels wrote:
> Saturday 12 March 2005 10:35, skrev David Aldred:

> > There's no ~/.kde/share/apps/kwin directory.
>
> Well, in short the KDE Window Manager has gone nuts.  Since I don't know
> Mandrake too well, I might guess that Mandrake may set a $KDEHOME, changing
> it from ~/.kde to something else, like ~/.kde3 or something, give that a
> try, $KDEHOME/share/apps/kwin/eventsrc

I've got it sorted now...

$KDEHOME isn't set (or at least echo $KDEHOME produces no visible output).
However, the two likely looking files from a slocate were

~/.kde/share/config/kwin.eventsrc
/usr/share/apps/kwin/eventsrc

Renaming the first one to /kwin.eventsrcold and restarting X (couldn't just
log out of KDE since nothing was working!) has sorted it.

I'll get Frances to mail you a copy of the file when the PC's back at her
college room - thanks for the help, and now you know what Mandrake does with
this file!

--
David Aldred