[Nottingham] [Talk] THIS WED 16/03/05 Guest Speaker: Anasthesia in Linux

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Mon Mar 14 02:07:21 GMT 2005

Folks,

We are honoured this week to have

Dr R W D Nickalls
Consultant Anaesthetist

to present details of how linux is directly helping in the operating
theatre.

With life online, would you trust any other OS?

He is using linux to replace a DOS based system for monitoring
anaesthesia in the operating theatre in real time to aid the
anaesthetist. He also has a wish-list of many further developments for
the system.

There is no commercial equipment available that meets all the needs.

Can FOSS pick up the heart beat?

Time:

19:30 (Doors open 19:15)
Wednesday 16th March 2005

Venue: (follow the penguin signs)

The Maudslay Lecture Theatre
Maudslay Building
Nottingham Trent University

Many thanks to NTU
http://www.ntu.ac.uk/coin/
for providing their lecture theatre

See building #19 on:
http://www.ntu.ac.uk/about_ntu/maps_travel/4232.pdf
(entrance marked by a blue arrow from Goldsmith Street)

Also marked as building #2 on this spectacular 3-d version:
http://www.ntu.ac.uk/about_ntu/maps_travel/8852.pdf

General directions:
http://www.ntu.ac.uk/prospective_students/visiting_the_university/maps/index.html

Evening parking is available in the car park behind the Welbeck Hotel
(travelling down Talbot Street, turn LEFT at the Welbeck Hotel)

Later by approximately 21:15, further discussions and beers at:

TBD...

I'm open to good suggestions being as we're a little further north than
our usual favourite no-smoke pubs...

(To be updated later today)

Regards,
Martin