[Nottingham] Great presentation

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Fri Mar 18 12:55:17 GMT 2005

Simon Osborne wrote:
> Wednesdays presentation was wonderful and very interesting. It's a
> shame there wasn't enough time to hear more, maybe next time.

I hope we can have a follow up. We even ran out of time for questions in
the pub later.

(Not sure that the chips were a good idea before the last bus. Hope my
fellow busser managed to wobble his way home ok!)

One idea that struck me from the talk was that the fixed visual
interfaces don't suit all situations, and some are dangerously confusing
when things start to go wrong.

Perhaps all the monitoring should be broken down so that each data item
has its own widget that the operator can scale and place as desired.
Have saveable 'themes' for what is displayed how?

Yes, a very good, clear and interesting talk. Thanks to Dr Nickalls.

martin at ml1.co.uk