[Nottingham] 800+ MB CD-R solution

Tony Shaw tony at shaw5336.freeserve.co.uk
Sun May 1 19:55:11 BST 2005

Martin wrote:

> Tony Shaw wrote:
>
>> Hello to one and all,
>>
>> Just thought I would let you know that after trying to burn
>> information on to an 800MB CD-R (that a got from Maplin for £11.99
>> for ten) via K3B with out any luck (K3B see the disc's as only 10MB
>> CD's.)
>>
>> I downloaded 'NeroLinux' ---
>

> Interesting and thanks.
>
> But at that price and only for an extra 100MB, you may as well move
> over to DVD+/-R and get 4.7GB to play with. (:-))
>

> Aside: Even £15 /cd/ players from supermarkets will play mp3 files
> now! About £30 for a DVD all formats player.
>
> Cheers,
> Martin

DVD+/- -R may be okay for those of us how have a DVD-RW but as I only
have a CD-RW at the moment I think that I can do with the extra 100MB
from time to time. Especially as I can now fit some of the larger movies
that I download on to them with out splitting the files first (as I need
to use Bindows to do that at the moment.) A DVD-RW is on my wish list
through.