[Nottingham] [Fwd: O'Reilly UK - User Group Newsletter Issue 07-05]

Simon flibble at gmail.com
Tue May 10 10:37:23 BST 2005

On 5/10/05, msemtd <msemtd at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Yes, I think it's a good idea to discuss which books we'd like on the mailing
> list.  Since I'll be phoning any orders through to Josette, I can avoid any
> potential overlap. I half-heartedly propose that the books remain the
> property of NottlUG to form a library, but then where would the library
> reside and who would manage it? Perhaps the books should remain the property
> of the reviewer for their reviewing efforts. The latter would be a damn sight
> easier to manage!

What I think would be good is this. Each reviewer keeps the book with
information about the book on a website. It can be loaned out to
people who would like to read it and passed around but stays the
property of the reviewer or LUG whatever is easier. Kind of like a
virtual library. I like that idea, means I can share some of the other
books I have that people might find interesting.

A couple of books I'd be interested. I've recently upgraded to OS X
Tiger 10.4 so I'd like to delve deeper into the core. There is a heck
of a lot of unixy goodness hidden away and I'm only just starting to
find it playing with Darwinports. I'll have to have a browse of the
Oreilly website and see if there is anything that matches.

Simon