[Nottingham] Free PA-RISC hardware, for a good home

Tom Bird tom at marmot.org.uk
Sat May 14 17:03:08 BST 2005

Hey folks,

As part of my effort to 'lighten my load', I've got the following, free
for anyone that'll love it.

HP 720, with 19" colour screen and HP keyboard and mouse, 50MHz PA-RISC
CPU, 256MB RAM, 2 gig disk.  Not a bad box, comes with all the cables
and so forth.  The KB and mouse are proprietary, so have to go together.

HP 715 XC, 100MHz PA-RISC CPU, 256MB RAM, 2 gig disk.  This one has a
true colour frame buffer card, with standard 15 pin D plugs for the
monitor.  Takes PS/2 keyboard and mouse, which I can probably chuck in
for a pint of beer.

I can bring this stuff to central Notts, HPUX is installed, but they'll
run PA-RISC Linux, NetBSD, whatever.  Could time it so I can go to the
next LUG meet and deposit it near that.

I'd Ebay, but I don't think I'd get enough to make it worth the hassle,
and I can't bear to see it go into a skip.

--
Tom