[Nottingham] Something better than tc ingres police filter?

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Thu May 26 11:13:08 BST 2005

Folks,

I'm using "tc" to shape outgoing internet packets to avoid saturating my
  cable link. This is fine for outgoing packets. However, for incoming
there is only the "tc ingress" and policing filter that rather
wastefully DROPs packets.

Is there anything better for shaping traffic on ingress on an interface?

And yes, I've modified 'wondershaper'. There's a way in there to
throttle ACK packets but I'm looking for a more effective direct method.

Aside: I've measured my NTL link to be 1024kbits/s down, 96kbits/s up.
Is NTL's up link really capped so slow?!

martin at ml1.co.uk