[Nottingham] Re: Response on awareness day

James Gibbon jg at jamesgibbon.com
Thu Nov 3 14:29:14 GMT 2005

On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 00:45:47 +0000
Martin <martin at ml1.co.uk> wrote:

> We're going to make the Awareness Days work regardless because a
> very small few of us do care.
>
> The rest of you freeloaders are welcome to passively free-load.

Martin,

Participation in a LUG should not be predicated on a commitment to
take part in all of its activities. Personally, I have no interest
in your Awareness Days, and I make no apology for that whatever. If
you intend to continue them, I wish you the best of luck with that,
but I feel no moral obligation of any kind to support them.

Apparently this makes me a "freeloader". Yet I've been happy to
provide advice and support on the list, and answer peoples'
questions when I've been able to do so, and I resent your suggestion
that participation on the list or other activities without being
interested in Awareness Days amounts to "freeloading".

> PATHETIC. Go pay Microsoft £200 and pray £1000 for your data.

Pardon? Sorry to hear that your Awareness Days proved unpopular, but
none of us are obliged to support or take part in them. Speaking
personally, my conscience is crystal-clear, I can assure you.

James

--
Dig It : a forum for Euro Beatles fans - http://beatles.dyndns.org/