[Nottingham] Geographical independence of electronic commuincation

Mark O'Shea mark at musicalstoat.co.uk
Fri Nov 4 11:35:39 GMT 2005

On Fri, November 4, 2005 6:01 pm, Duncan John Fyfe said:
> Simple question really,
> Of the list members who have no interest in the geographically based LUG
> activities
> why do you feel Nottingham LUG is/was/could be a better place to hang out
> and talk Linux than
> one (or all) of the many news groups (uk.comp.os.linux, comp.os.*, etc) or
> any other LUG for that matter ?

As for a answer to your precise question, I don't think this is a better
place to hang out than anywhere else (especially after the two emails that
started off the flurry of the last 24 hours).

However I am subscribed here because I used to live in Nottingham and I
knew personnaly some of the contributers to the list who I have respect
for their knowledge of Linux.  It's a fairly low traffic list (at least
compared to my now local list in Perth, Western Australia) and in general
I can get a bit of information about what is going on in Nottingham and
some information about Linux without it jamming up my mailbox.  I don't
contribute much, and I don't always read everything that comes from the
list.

I don't know what kind of answer you were hoping for but does that help?

--
Mark O'Shea