[Nottingham] Challenge-Response systems

Tim Emanuel tim.emanuel at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 11:53:18 GMT 2005

On 11/4/05, Martin <martin at ml1.co.uk> wrote:

> Tim Emanuel wrote:
> > On 11/4/05, *Martin* <martin at ml1.co.uk <mailto:martin at ml1.co.uk>> wrote:
> One example: NASA now give email addresses as jpg graphics. Where do you
> want the pain? Manually typing in an address or an extra two mouse clicks?

 Well, that's criminal, both figuratively and possibly literally. I suspect
a UK government agency would be in breach of disability discrimination
legislation if it did this, and I'd be surprised if the same weren't true in
the US.

There's some pain somewhere to circumvent spam. The question is how much
> and where. Are there any truly good solutions?

 Fair question, but I don't see loading the pain onto potential customers to
be a good business solution.