[Nottingham] Response on awareness day

Ashley ashley.arb at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 10:31:27 GMT 2005

On 03/11/05, Martin <martin at ml1.co.uk> wrote:
> This now makes it Michael, Simon, Ashley and myself on Friday and one
> car for transporting everything.

I live in Sneinton, so I will walk up.  I don't have a car.  I have a
bicycle trailer if that helps!

I am planning to bring my Sony Vaio laptop (VGN-X505VP) and a Damn
Small Linux boot disk (Just XP installed at the moment - sorry!).  I
have a CD/DVD writer so can burn extra CD's if require on the day
(provided someone brings some blanks).  I am undecided whether to
bring my server also (samba + apache).

Beyond demonstrating Damn Small Linux (or anything else I can get to
run on the laptop) and burning CD's if required, I am not sure what
else I can do.  I suppose I could try attaching a digital camera via
USB.  I also have a wireless LAN card which I have never used so, if
someone is bringing a wireless router I could play with that.

Will we have Internet access?

Ashley