[Nottingham] [ANNOUNCE] *Tomorrow* *12/11/05* Linux Awareness Day 2005

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Mon Nov 14 00:21:19 GMT 2005

Martin wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Reminder for tomorrow, Saturday:
>
>>> The third Nottingham Linux Users Group "Linux Awareness Day" ...

Saturday was a nice sunny day and we had some good geekie fun at the
windmill.

Thanks to (in random order) Ashley, Chris, John T, Ron W, Roger K,
Duncan, Fiona, Michael E, kids, and Michael had to walk up the *£$&%^@**
hill again!

And out of the well over 100 people that visited Green's Mill, we had
perhaps just 1% look in on us. Even then, they were people that had
already heard of Linux and were seeking advice on how to go further and
avoid the Microsoft traps.

Over the day, instead we had our own mini lan-party and played with a
few networking tricks. Also, it was interesting to see what others do
with their Linux PCs.

A certain person wowed us with a quad Opteron server that was less than
0.1% utilised and just serving dynamic web pages!

Many thanks to the internet link from http://ineedbroadband.co.uk
All worked perfectly in spite of the antenna vibrating to a blur in the
high winds up on high on the windmill.

See the follow-on threads for further thoughts and comments:
Thread #1: Apologies, NLUG, Awareness & Linux
Thread #2: NLUG
Thread #3: Awareness & Linux

Many thanks to all those that helped out for our Awareness Days. At
least we had some fun whilst there.

Regards,

martin at ml1.co.uk