[Nottingham] Thread #2: NLUG

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Mon Nov 14 00:35:32 GMT 2005

Folks,

I'm posting this as an invitation for you to say what _you_ want with NLUG.

To start discussion:

I think the maillist works well and is a good helpful forum for all
people near and far, even if the list often goes quiet. We have the
nlug_geeks list that takes the "doers" noise offlist, but has this made
the main list too quiet?

Secondly, we have the Nottingham meetings every two weeks where we have
the core "geeks" and a wider group of occasional faces. This is as can
be expected. Have we drifted into high geekiness exactly because of
those very people that are interested in turning up to meet at talks and
socials?

Is there interest in "Introduction to Linux" meetings to directly
welcome in people new to Linux?

Aside: All are welcome to our meetings. Even if we do use obscure
descriptions and language, there's always someone very happy to
translate and explain/help further.

Or, any other ideas?

Regards,

martin at ml1.co.uk