[Nottingham] (no subject)

Java Lynx javalynx at email.com
Mon Nov 28 14:21:39 GMT 2005

Hi guys,

Just to let you know that I had the first decent nights sleep since I started trying to sort the problem of the corrupted profile and to help anyone else with a similar issue.

When I saw the advice from Michael L, I thought it was not going to work straight away as I was expecting loads of info and instructions to follow. Well I was wrong, thank goodness. I did manage to lock myself out of ALL the other profiles by doing the command and thought that was that. Luckilly, I must have had a brainwave and tried giving back the rights ONLY to other profiles except the corrupted one and a test profile. IT WORKED!!! I gained access to the files, I managed to back them up to another pc using samba (after a little work changing properties to allow copying files across my network) and I am now ready to install Suse 10 and Ubuntu 10 on my laptop. I can't decide which one I like best yet which is why i'm installing both ;-)

Anyway, this was just to let you know that the issue is now resolved, to thank both the Michaels for the support/ interest and that my life can now move on at last (not as many late nights cursing my ignorance of the Linux commandline):-)

Thanks again.
Happier pat