[Nottingham] LAN Party - What are you doing during it?

Michael perl at tecspy.com
Mon Oct 3 18:52:48 BST 2005

Simon wrote:
> Seeing as the LAN party is coming up very soon, those of you that are
> attending what are you planning on bringing and showing off?
> Some things I would like to see are:
> PSX Dance Mat & USB adapter and PyDance/Stepmania

I'm currently looking into both of these - unfortunately my Rockfire USB
adapter is reported as having the "Joystick Axes Problem" with stepmania...

http://www.stepmania.com/stepmania/mediawiki.php?title=Joystick_Axes_Problem
http://www.stepmania.com/stepmania/mediawiki.php?title=USBAdapters

...hopefully pydance will be fine or there'll be some hackaround.

> Nice shiny PC with lots of lights and things
> Alternative Linux/BSD distros
> Shoehorning Linux onto a laptop with modest specs

I'll be bringing Lokar: a 100MHz Pentium with no CDROM. It runs MuLinux
as a stopgap measure - I'll be putting Slackware on it in due course.

> Anyone have any other ideas they would like to see?

I'm interested in seeing other people's setups especially with respect
to gaming on a modest spec.

Regards,
Michael Erskine.

PS: everybody make nametags -- it can be awkward to ask somebody what
their name is for the fifth or sixth time! There will be a lot of new
information floating around and we don't want to make things more
difficult than they have to be.