[Nottingham] LAN party Sunday

Michael Erskine msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 7 10:47:44 BST 2005

On Friday 07 October 2005 10:21, Martin wrote:
> And yes, its open door so people are free and safe to wander in at any
> time.

And wander out with our kit :)

Seriously: perhaps we should put some thought into physical security.

I would also like there to be some ground rules laid down regarding LAN
security including but certainly not limited to no uninvited access to
people's machines beyond, say, the odd ping - we don't want portscans and
vulnerability exploits to prove HaX0r skillz on fellow participants' precious
kit, especially when a lot of this kit usually resides behind protective
firewalls in comfy safe environments.

The basic tenet is "do as you would be done by" (I don't wanna be "done" by
some script kiddie!) and the old classic "And it harmest none, do what thou
wilt" - it is a party after all!

Regards,
Michael Erskine.

--