[Nottingham] Buying a Laptop

Simon flibble at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 19:50:29 BST 2005

On 10/11/05, Edgar <lists at edgar.org.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I looking to buy a laptop. Looking at spending 600 to 900 pounds. Does
> anyone
> have any recommendations as to where to buy one? I have very little
> experience with laptops. Does anyone know where I could get one without an
> OS
> at a discount?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Edgar.

I'd say it really depends on what you are planning to do with the laptop.
Decent laptops can be got for £350 upwards that are very compatible with
Linux. The top end laptops are nice and everything but unless you are going
to be playing games and whatnot, a cheaper laptop may do the jobs you want
to do.

http://www.tickpc.co.uk/products.asp?sid=828617743&viewItem=2933
This laptop, I know to be 100% Linux compatible (it's also sold as a
Linspire Laptop).

Simon